Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mathematical and Prophetic Reasons to Buy My Books

At first, I was a little bummed when I saw that my last book, Blue Collar Eulogies, was only ranked #634,135 on Amazon. Then I realized that these numbers (6,3,4,1,3,5) collectively add up to 22. And 22, reversed, is... still 22. In other words, it's a numerical palindrome.

The word, palindrome, obviously contains "palin," which could be a cosmological reference to Sarah Palin. I think it's safe to say that Sarah Palin has never purchased any of my books. So if you want to be in the same club as that notorious poetry-hater, Sarah Palin, that's fine. I guess. But I don't think any of us want that.

Also, if I may proceed with another humble observation...

I'm currently 33 years old, which is 11 more than 22, and as we all know, there are only 10 commandments in the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible. 11 is more than 10. So in a very real sense, my second book could be seen as a bold continuation of the word of God.

So you see, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by ordering a copy. And while you're at it, pre-order the next one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment