Friday, March 18, 2011

Well, I've had a pretty good run of luck lately!  My third book, Damnatio Memoriae, won the Brick Road Poetry Book Contest and will actually be coming out pretty soon.  Also, my fifth chapbook, Pure Elysium, won the Palettes & Quills chapbook contest and should be coming out even sooner.

Meanwhile, I'm having one of those oddly wonderful teaching days.  In my morning Composition class, I gave them a long list of famous quotes to analyze--partially as an exercise in rhetoric and brainstorming research topic ideas, but mainly just because I like to get them talking about whatever the hell interests me (in this case, quotes from Alan Watts, Einstein, and The Catcher in the Rye, the fact that there are 300 sextillion stars in the universe,etc).  In a few hours, I get to show my poetry class a Kim Addonizio video.  They're reading "Tell Me" right now and if their journals are any indication, most of them are really diggin it!

In other news, my girlfriend is insisting that I need a Twitter account.  I can see her point and I think I could even bring myself to engage in such things, were it not called tweeting.  (I realize I'm probably the four millionth person to say that, but dammit, it bears repeating).

No comments:

Post a Comment